Very Old Trolling Motor ID??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Rick and I found this old motor partially buried in silt at Kowaliga. It appears to have been down there a very long time. We brought it to the top of the concrete span for further study.

Modern trolling motors have the motor submersed and directly connected to the propeller. This one has a very heavy motor that hooked on with a transom mount and the motor was above water. The propeller is connected to the motor with a flexible shaft.

Kind of reminds me of a weed eater.

This thing is so heavy we had to use a lift bag to move it. I tried to find some sort of ID plate but it is so heavily encrusted I wasn't able to.

Do any of you old fishermen remember this sort of motor???

Hmmm... reckon we could sell the idea to shorten the tail on a longtail boat?
Rick

?Uhm,i cant say that is a winde or somefing wail i see no chain or lashbox for it.

So i gues its a gone E-helpengin or a boardingagregat.....tried to ident and finsd

Briton Seaguele fast boat out of ww2 had that;maybe that is that.

7*

Looks similar to a 60's era electric motor I once had. I can't remember the make, possibly a Minn-Kota. I do remember the propeller was plastic and when it broke I never found a replacement.

Corekt that thing looks over 100 years old.but those days the E-motors had been

bigger or smaller it must be from at earlyest up from the 30s,i stay by that Seaguel

Patrolboat theori that had a wooden dec....

7*

The prop on this one is not plastic. It is the only part of the motor that has noit collected rust. I talked to Rick about it this weekend and we are tempted to bring it up to try and find an ID plate and then put it back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom