Very negative camera, and positive single strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maurillo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,
any chance I can decently trim such a rig?

The way it is right now, the positive strobe is not enough to stop the camera sinking, but at least it doesn't unbalance the whole rig on one side. Any way to add a centered floater at the bottom of the housing? Would that capsize the whole rig ?

Thanks!!

Hello all,
any chance I can decently trim such a rig?

The way it is right now, the positive strobe is not enough to stop the camera sinking, but at least it doesn't unbalance the whole rig on one side. Any way to add a centered floater at the bottom of the housing? Would that capsize the whole rig ?

Thanks!!
Yes, it will capsize.
One solution is to use a two-handle tray and put STIX foats on both sides, until you have the buoyancy and right-left trim you want.

I use what turiops mentioned. Depending on your camera and ports you can try a STIX float belt or ring around the port. I've not seen anyone use a float underneath - it will try to be on top (capsize).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom