Vero Beach or West Palm beach and points in between

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in the area of Tampa bay in late July and then will be driving back to SE Pennsylvania. I thought I might be able to get in a couple of dives before starting back. From what I've read the diving on the East coast is better than on the West coast . In looking over the Florida map it looks like Vero Beach is around where we would hit the coast to pick up I95N.

I've read that the diving is good in West Palm beach. This would ad anothe 40 miles RT but I'm willing to do that if WPB diving is a lot better than points further north.

I'm looking for recommendations from WPB north as far as Daytona.

I'm looking for good vizability and relatively short boat rides. I like reefs more than wrecks.

Recommendations for location as well as dive operator are welcome.

Sirto

About 15 minutes north of WPB is Jupiter. Depth tends to be a little deeper then WPB (most reefs in 70-90 feet range), but you are rewarded with MUCH BETTER diving.

Check out Randy with Jupiter Dive Center (www.jupiterdivecenter.com). He runs a nice outfit and always a lot of fun to dive with.

As you any further north, you have to go further off shore to hit the reefs and the diving is not as good. Matter of fact, most diving north of that area are beach dives as not many charters run north of Jupiter (allow there are a few).

If you like beach dives, I hear there are some good sites around Vero.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom