Vero Beach & Ft Lauderdale next week 6/21-24/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gulf-Gulper and I will be in Vero Beach on Monday and Tuesday. We'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale Wednesday and Thursday. Anyone have favorite beach dives for those places that you want to share, anyone interested in some morning or late afternoon diving on those dates, and are we missing any great boat diving (reefs are favorite) while we are there?

When you're in Vero, if the visibility is good and surf is flat, check out the Beaconshire wreck which is a nice shore dive. It's over 100 years old but in remarkable condition considering its location in just 15-20ft of water.

For Vero Beach, I'd recommend Pepper Beach Park (on A1A, just a mile or two north of St. Lucie Inlet). Free parking, restrooms & showers. Has some reefs just 300 yards off shore. I recommend getting there early for better parking (although there is plenty).

I went there the last two weekends and saw nurse sharks, sting rays, lobsters, sea turtles, and plenty of tropical fish. Got two 80 minute dives in a day, thanks to the shallowness (10-20 feet).

Just make sure seas are 2 feet or less, or visibility might not be so good.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone dive Humiston Park in Vero?

I would recommend Lauderdale by the Sea in the Ft Lauderdale area for a beach dive. For LBTS, the best place to enter is on Hibiscus or Datura Street (just south of Commercial Ave). you'll hit some patch reef once you swim to the end of the pier, then keep swimming about half of a pier length more to get to the good stuff. Be sure to carry a flag; there is a lot of boat traffic in the area. Also, Dania beach has some good beach dives as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom