Veo 100 ? about removing from boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trojanman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a veo 100 in the swiv console and need to change the battery but am having a hard time getting it out of the boot that is holding it to compass?

Nevermind I found more directions that are not in the book but on a seperate paper.

I'm having trouble too, how did you figure it out?

I saw on another thread that you might want to use a sony or panasonic battery, other people say that there are problems with other brands.

I used 1/8 flat screwdriver between the compass and the rubber shell. This is at the lubber line opposite of the tab (where you take the reading when diving). The bottom compass tab is almost exactly 1" below the surface, so you can use this to verify how deep to jam the screwdriver. Make sure that you are further than 1"... Gently pry it out using the tab for leverage, and yes hot water does help, thx Mark!
Once the compass pops out, then the computer pops up through the top. rotate the ring cw by pressing in center while turning with screwdriver against tab.

Hope this helps, I'm having trouble getting the ring out. Make sure that no water/moisture gets in battery compartment and replace o-ring and silicone grease.

oh yeah, you have 8 seconds to hot swap the batteries or else the book says you'll lose the past dive data

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom