Venom Frameless vs Frameless 2 masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I lost my Venom Frameless on a dive a few weeks ago due to my own stupidity, and since my local dive shop hasn't gotten in a replacement for me yet, I looked on the Atomic web site to see the specs (I still have a Venon and a Subframe to dive with). It looks like the Frameless 2 has a softer silicone mask skirt also. Since I don't have both to do a side by side comparison, anyone know if the soft silicone is the same on the two masks, if the skirt is the same, and which has a wider field of view and lower volume? Also, is the glass the same? I'm starting to wonder if the Frameless 2 is as good / nice as the Venom Frameless

I have Venom Frameless and Frameless 1, the field of view is the same, the Venom fits me better it's wider, the Frameless 1 looks smaller lower volume but not much, the inside skirt of the Venom Frameless is a little bit softer than Frameless 1 some pics to compare

20170611_185201.jpg
20170611_185248.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom