Venice in July/Aug seeking buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Excited to be staying near Venice this July and wondering if anybody would be willing to show me the ropes of local shore diving? I went out once on a previous visit with Florida West Scuba Charters, found some stuff, but have yet to find Meg tooth, and since my name is really Meg it would be cool to find one! I will have lots of time for inexpensive shore diving, kayaking, and ocean swimming, and hope to make new friends…

You're going to have a wonderful time. There are a few areas that can be dove by beach, Brohard, Alhambra etc... As well as great Charters, Aristikat is well known and I have a small boat where I take 1-4 on a private trip. My personal experience is that you will have better luck by boat, kayak, or really long surface swim. I am a Firefighter Paramedic and captain for a local fireboat as a member of the dive team, I pride myself on a safe operation if you wanted to take a boat out. My niche is basically going out with a friend on a small boat for individual attention. www.xplorefl.com When you come down text me any questions you have even if you decide not to take a boat out this time. I hope you enjoy your trip.... . Oh and if you're on Facebook Englewood Dive Club has a group you could always put a post in asking for divers to go with you :)

You're going to have a wonderful time. There are a few areas that can be dove by beach, Brohard, Alhambra etc... As well as great Charters, Aristikat is well known and I have a small boat where I take 1-4 on a private trip. My personal experience is that you will have better luck by boat, kayak, or really long surface swim. I am a Firefighter Paramedic and captain for a local fireboat as a member of the dive team, I pride myself on a safe operation if you wanted to take a boat out. My niche is basically going out with a friend on a small boat for individual attention. www.xplorefl.com When you come down text me any questions you have even if you decide not to take a boat out this time. I hope you enjoy your trip.... . Oh and if you're on Facebook Englewood Dive Club has a group you could always put a post in asking for divers to go with you :)
Thanks for the reply! The boat sounds great and I would like to do some boat as well as shore stuff, and just to learn how best to enjoy the ocean in that area.

I'll have to come visit you for a day or so. I got kinda skunked the last time out, but I still had a lot of fun.

I will be staying in South Venice July 9-25. I will be doing a good bit of beach dives as well. Would be glad to join in with you or others as well.

I'm sure I will do some boat dives also, ivI' dove with Aristakat & Aquanutz before.

I will be staying in South Venice July 9-25. I will be doing a good bit of beach dives as well. Would be glad to join in with you or others as well.

I'm sure I will do some boat dives also, ivI' dove with Aristakat & Aquanutz before.
Cool Iet’s coordinate as it gets closer. I will be there then too!

Well I’m in Florida near Venice and tried to do a shore dive today at Service club park, where I’d been freediving earlier in the week, but conditions sucked today, blown out, rough, and I think red tide as I began coughing. cbm369 Have you been out diving Venice? COWSskateGOOD How’s it looking from the boat?
Tomorrow it will be rainy.
When weather, algae, etc. cooperates who wants to dive?

No matter how well you plan, mother nature can always screw things up. :D

I'd love to dive too, but this week I had to cancel charters on two seperate days, for weather or forced overtime at work. I typically watch windfinder and wait for a wind out of the east for sharks tooth dives. Red tide is still around until I got about 10 miles offshore last week, but haven't been out at all this week. Waiting on the weather :) Ill PM you if I end up going out as well as CBM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom