Venice, FL / Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BladesRobinson

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
FLORIDA / LAT 27°39.133' / LON 080°22.261' / ICW M
Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Diver
U.S. Coast Guard, April 02, 2007
VENICE, Fla. - A rescue-helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater medevaced a distressed diver from a 30-foot pleasure craft at 3:45 p.m. today 34-miles west of Venice, Fla.

Kxx Dxxxx, 45, hometown unknown, was recreational diving today with seven friends when he surfaced from a 120-foot dive at 2:15 p.m. with shortness of breath and poor vital signs.

Dxxxs' friends called Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg at 2:45 p.m. today and reported his condition. The Coast Guard helicopter crew was training in the vicinity and arrived on scene within 20 minutes. The rescue crew hoisted Davis at 3:15 p.m. and transported him to awaiting EMS at Page Field in Ft. Myers, Fla., where he was transfered to South West Regional Hospital in Ft. Myers.

Dxxxs' condition is stable. Dxxxx is a skilled diver with more than 30-years of experience. The cause of his symptoms is unknown.

Who cares, key thing, is shes stable, and they helped her out. I don't care what was wrong she should be proud that she had the guts to say something was wrong and get help. Too many experienced rec divers don't like too.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Most divers who have empathy do care. This is why I read here, to learn much. I will keep this diver in my prayers. Please keep us posted with any updates. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Michelle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom