Venice beach Florida Boat diving spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,
New to the site.
Wanted to know if anyone out there could help out with general directions for my wife and I to take the boat out of Venice to do some shark tooth diving?

We have been out from shore, but looking to take the boat out to save on bottom time.

thank you in advance!

no specific GPS numbers, but I've dove the area a lot.

From Venice Beach to Alhambra rd in Venice, go offshore (1/2 mile - 1.5 miles) to depths in the 20' - 30' range and you're in what they call "The Boneyard". Lots of fossils & teeth in that area.

You can go further south all the way down to around Manasota Key at similar depths and find teeth & fossils as well. There are "pockets" of stuff that are better than other areas and these are ones that the dive boats run to. To me the fun is discovering new areas own my own.

good luck!

Get comfortable with your bottom machine and use it to find the reef breaks in the areas mentioned above. The breaks are only 1' to 2' tall but around them is where you will find teeth. One of the side imaging machines would be best for seeing the reef lines.

There is allot of empty sand that has nothing in it. Don't be afraid to move if you're not finding fossils.

Also, watch out for beach divers and kayaks. The divers usually have flags but you'll be amazed at how far they swim. Kayaks can be hard to see too if there is a swell.

Be careful, stay alert, and good luck!!!!

I love diving there.

Get comfortable with your bottom machine and use it to find the reef breaks in the areas mentioned above. The breaks are only 1' to 2' tall but around them is where you will find teeth. One of the side imaging machines would be best for seeing the reef lines.

There is allot of empty sand that has nothing in it. Don't be afraid to move if you're not finding fossils.

Also, watch out for beach divers and kayaks. The divers usually have flags but you'll be amazed at how far they swim. Kayaks can be hard to see too if there is a swell.

Be careful, stay alert, and good luck!!!!

I love diving there.

I have swam out as far a 1.25 miles...hit 31' depth. normally swim out about 1/2 to 3/4 mile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom