VDH WING ON DSS PLATE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone here happen to know if a 35lb. VDH win will marry up OK with a size medium DSS Steel Plate? Thanks in advance.

Did that...Bryan says he doesn't know as he's never seen a DSS Plate...

If you're willing to use an STA, almost certainly. If you're looking for slots to line up, not a clue.

You can always make the slots line up. First, see if they line up, they might. If not, lay the wing down onto the plate in the position where you want it and mark the plate through the wing slots with a sharpie in the locations where the slots need to be extended. Next, drill a 1/4” hole in the plate at the end of the new slot locations and cut the section out between the end of the old slot and 1/4” hole with a cut off wheel.
Clean up your new cuts with a file to blend the cut from the new to the old slot so it looks stock.
If you don’t want to do this then sell the plate and get a new plate that works with the VDH wing.
But it’s entirely possible it will already work.

Does anyone here happen to know if a 35lb. VDH win will marry up OK with a size medium DSS Steel Plate? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I dive that setup. My wife dives the small plate with 35# wing, also lines up. I use the plastic version of these
Electro-Plated Assembly Screw w/rubber protector , Piranha Dive Shop |
to hold it together. Everything lines up, fits great. Very happy with it. If you'd like to see pictures let me know and I can get some together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom