Vancouver BC March 20/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resnick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading to Vancouver for a conference and figured I'd get in a little cold water diving before things started. I'm arriving the night of March 19 and would like to dive on the 20th and 21st. I have a friend who's coming on the morning of the 21st who would like to dive in the afternoon with me. Anybody know of scheduled trips (shore or boat) or a nice divemaster who might be willing to take out a private party? I'm a DM myself and dive a drysuit most of the time out here in the midwest; my friend is an experienced California diver (and an expat Canadian), but has not done any drysuit diving (which he is going to want to rent). Any pointers would be helpful.

Checkout whytecliff Wednesday group on Facebook, excellent and active group of divers. They welcome anyone.

Have a look at Sea Dragon Charters and consider a trip to dive the Annapolis. It’s a purpose sunk artificial reef sitting ~100’ to the sand. Beautiful dive.

Have a look at Sea Dragon Charters and consider a trip to dive the Annapolis. It’s a purpose sunk artificial reef sitting ~100’ to the sand. Beautiful dive.

I saw them on the web, but they don't have any trips listed for the 20th or 21st on the site, and I'm don't have enough people (or money) to ask for a private charter. :)

Sea Dragon Charters (as suggested above) goes out almost every Saturday and Sunday and runs about $120, plus taxes for two dives.

Another option is New World Diving with Marc Palay. He has a smaller boat and will take divers out at $85 for two dives, he can be booked for weekdays or weekends. His contact number is 778.893.5441.

If you have any questions about either dive operator, feel free to private message me. Unfortunately though, I will be away in the Philippines for Spring Break during the dates you are visiting.

Also, as mentioned, you should Facebook the group Whytecliff Wednesdays (it's called that as they meet Wednesday evenings), but you can meet other local divers through them and learn about some of the sites if you like also. We have some good shore diving, a boat dive isn't necessarily needed.

Hope you enjoy your trip here!

Back
Top Bottom