Vancouver Area Regular Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gchapman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's an idea for a new Sticky in this forum. We should have a standing list of all the regularily scheduled weekly dives run by various shops or clubs throughout the area.

I know of a few people who have been visiting the area over the past few weeks but haven't found a semi-up-to-date list of the choices and days because there's no such thing!

So... anyone know of scheduled dives open to new people?

-- greg

That is such a wicked idea Greg! I'll get some dates from Ocean Pro...

Ocean Quest on Canada Way in Burnaby offers free dives Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. I went once and the dive master was very competent.

Ocean Quest

Great Pacific Dive in North Van also offers free Wednesday night dives but I have not dove with them.

Great Pacific

scubandrea:
That is such a wicked idea Greg! I'll get some dates from Ocean Pro...
I know that BC Dive and Kayak Adventures has a "Saturday Safari" - call the shop for details. Call the shop for details as to number of people, where, and when -- that's what I did.

(don't email me - I'm not affiliated -- but I *will* dive with you. :> )

-- greg

International Diving Centre offers free Tuesday evening dives to various local sites.
Check out www.diveidc.com for more info or call 604-736-2541.

Nessum, where would your shop usually go for the tues night dives? and what times do you meet up?

cool thanks. I have never been on the VT 100.you? we should check it out one day. there are a couple of dives in that area including whiskey cove.
les

Les: I haven't been to the VT100. I'd really like to check it out in the daytime. From what I hear, given that it's an actual wreck, there are lines, overhangs etc.

I've got next week off in case you are interested :) I had talked to Ness about heading out one of the weekdays as well. I'm pretty sure she'd been out there before.

Bjorn

EDIT: Here is a bunch more info on the vt100 including location and condition (at the very bottom of the file)

Back
Top Bottom