Valve reach with D7 232 bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erjohnsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I resently got a new 7 232 twinset for my Halcyon Evolve 40. Diving in Norway means dry suit, and diving in Norway during fall/winter/spring means lots of undergarment inside the dry suit.
My fear is that I wont be able to reach the valves for valve drills as the twinset is somewhat short, and my reach is blocket by bulky undergarments. I´m 180 cm tall.

My question is then, is is ok to move the tank bands a centimeter or two to better reach the valves?

Edit: sorry, I probably posted this in the wrong section.

/erik

Last edited:
Well, since nobody else has commented I’ll give my suggestions. Try it in a safe place where you can fiddle with the bands, like a swimming pool. Your DS and undergarments will suck in the pool, such is life. Try it and maybe you can get to the valves with the bands in the standard place. Try that first.

If not, well you have to be able to get to the valves. Pull off the BP and move one band, tighten it back up and move the other. It’s BAD to have both loose at once, don’t do that. The main issue with running with shifted bands is trim and balance. If you can stay in trim and also be able to go head down and recover horizontal trim without issue and this is the only way you can get to the valves then I’d say you were good. If you can’t trim out close to horizontal or can’t easily recover from going head down with the bands moved then you need to do something else or change your gear (like heavy fins) in addition.

But maybe this isn’t the right set of tanks for you.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom