Vacuum pressure drop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danhngo9594

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a ikelite housing. I have the vacum to keep it at about 5lbs pressure. It drop down to about 2.5 in about 4 hours. Is it right? Or safe to dive
Please help

Do you mean 5” (inches) of vacuum and pressure rises to 2.5”?

I meant I was at 5 on the gauge. after 4 hours it drop down to about 2.5

It doesn’t take much of a leak to loose 2.5” over 4 hours, you may want to call someplace like backscatter to hear what they say.

Send it for service or service it yourself. Often times if you remove, clean, and put new orings on the most frequently used controls (shutter, play, dpad) you catch your culprit. But if in doubt get it serviced.

In any case to answer your question it is not safe to dive. Leaks only get worse over time, never better.

Does not found any leaks but very slow, last dive was good with no leak, I will check I have a red light leaks indicator so, let see

the leak could be on the connection between the gauge and the housing which is a reason why internal pressure measuring devices are better than an external gauge. If the housing is tight you should see no pressure change if the housing temperature does not change. If pressure changes at constant temperature the only way for this to occur is gas to leak in, if gas can leak in so can liquid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom