Vacation on the Med

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oriskany Divemaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm planning on coming the Mediteranean next summer and I'm looking for a place to stay and I need your help on where to stay. I want to be close to the beach, the market, downtown, etc...and I'm willing to pay for it. I plan on three-four months there with access to diving, clubs, groceries, etc. I'll go anywhere from Sardinia to Crete, so if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Eric

Not quite where you mention but I lived and dived along the Cote d'Azur in France. I lived in Antibes which has everything you list and more.

Check out this website: greatrentals.com

People place their vacation homes up for rent and some are quite affordable. Like having an apartment for a couple months without all the hassle.

Goodluck, I'm super jealous.

Hi Eric
I have just come back from southern spain and dived with these guys and had a fab time. they are also able to find you somewhere to stay right on the beach and in the town. Neil and Matt are amazing blokes who makes everyone feel welcome

Friends In Nautical Sports (FINS)
Paseo de la Sal. s/n Puerto de Mazarron, 30860 - MURCIA
Telephone (0034) 645 657 094 (english) or (0034) 695 076 623 (espanol)
web site:divinginmazarron-check out their website its @.com

just get in touch and tell them Jackie sent you

Hi Eric,
what's about Sardinia?

Not one of the cheapest locations, but one of the most beautiful.
Wreck, cave and cavern diving, viz usually above 100' and water temp 70-80,s,
excellent food and drinks and cool italian friendness and lifestyle.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

What about North Cyprus, water temp 28/29 July and August, no euro in the North so cheap living, good diving as no commercial fishing and the reefs are protected from the local fisherman which there are only a handful, big grouper , tuna, amberjacks, lots of turtles, octopus, Barracuda etc, locals very friendly, crime virtually zero and £1 a pint, been here 3 years and love it.

Oops nearly forgot, we also have one of the top ten wrecks in the world here, the Zenobia a Swedish Ro-Ro ferry which sunk in 1980 with its £200 million cargo aboard including 104 lorries, depths vary from 16m down to 42m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom