V12 vs BioFin XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChimChim75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Unfortunately I don't think there is an Apollo dealer here on Oahu... I'm trying to decide if it's worthwhile to pay $50 to ship some Biofins here. There are plenty of Oceanic shops so I can pick up V12s (or V16s?) locally for list price.

Is there a huge difference between V12s and Biofins? They seem to get very similar ratings, but the Apollo fans seem a little louder. I don't want an overly floaty fin. I ideally would want something with close to neutral/slightly negative buoyancy. Thoughts on these 2 fins?

I will be mostly using these for shore diving, so long surface swims and long bottom times. My Jetfins aren't making me happy anymore for this... I'll be using some hard sole boots with them. Either the Oceanic hardsoles or some Manta boots.

Thanks!

Just get the oceanics, i have both the v12 and the v16, if you are going to travel a lot get the v16, much lighter, if you plan on doing most of your diving at home then go with the v12. The v12 and the bio fin are literally the same thing with just different names on them. Save some money and get a fin that is just as good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom