V-Tech Drysuit Inflation Valve Leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, so I was diving over the weekend and I noticed that my duit inflation valve was leaking. After I connect the hose it bubbles every 5 seconds or so, like a burp of bubbles, just a few. I circled where they're coming from in the picture. Without the hose connected it doesn't "burp".

It also might be leaking through the valve as I've been fairly damp on my last few dives, I honestly can't tell if it's from my neck seal or the valve, but after seeing the bubbles I figure I'll go after the valve 1st.

Looking to see if anyone knows or has a video of how to disassemble the valve? I've rebuilt my exhaust valve, is there anything special about the inflation valve? Do I need to depress it while trying to unscrew it or anything?

drysuit-inflation-AZYH.jpg

I found this video but it only shows how to remove from the suit, not how to take apart and service;

I would assume inflation valves are all pretty similar?

There is some VERY IMPORTANT information on page 9

file:///C:/Users/PC/Downloads/ee93bf29943d5e6065dcd07fc82c44914e1b5131.pdf

What does the other side of the valve look like

There is some VERY IMPORTANT information on page 9

file:///C:/Users/PC/Downloads/ee93bf29943d5e6065dcd07fc82c44914e1b5131.pdf

What does the other side of the valve look like

I will take pictures later today. It looks exactly like the one on the video, but I haven't taken mine apart yet.

Back
Top Bottom