Uwatec Smart Z transfer to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo53214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Uwatec Smart Z last fall and have a bunch of dives in the logbook - HOWEVER - I cannot get the computer to transfer the information to the Smartrac software via Infrared interface.

I bought a IrDA "dongle" for my Dell PC with no luck, and I tried my laptop that came with the IrDA built in and it doesn't work. I cant find any details on this at all, even in the Users manual. Any info anyone can share?

try some of the things mentioned here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...lyzers/113381-smart-com-nodetection-irda.html

I can tell you with my smartcom you have to be very close for the two to talk.

I also found this
It's a little fussy about the connection parameters.

First, go into Device Manager (right click on "my computer", then click hardware->Device Manager), and make sure there's something listed under "Infrared Devices", then make sure it's enable and working properly.

Under "Advanced" see what the maximum data rate is. Some ports can be set for really fast speeds, but it doesn't seem to work at speeds faster than 19,200, so you wan to change this setting to 19,200 and save it.

Do the same thing in "Settings->Control Panel". There's probably nothing to set there, but I've seen computers that did have it in both places, and it needed to be set in both.

Next, you're ready to connect. Touch the bottom and right pins on the smart com with wet fingers and it should come on.

Hold the computer's IR window (left side of bottom display panel) about an inch from the IR window on your laptop,

Then immediately click the "Transfer Dives" button in SmartTrack.

This may take a little practice, since SmartTrack only looks for the computer for a couple of seconds before giving up, and the computer will only remain on waiting for a connection for a few seconds.

It sounds complicated, but it's actually easy once you get your computer setup correctly.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom