Uwatec Smart Pro infrared hardware...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueocean

Reaction score
I will be buying my first dive computer soon. I would like to get the Uwatec Smart Pro, but I do not have an infrared port on my computer, so I may end up getting the Aladin Pro Ultra instead. Can anyone who has a Smart Pro tell me if it comes with the infrared hardware? :confused: If it does, then I will buy it in a heartbeat.

AThe Smart series do not come with the IR device for the computer, only thr dive computer port. That said I understand the IR device hardware and software for your PC is only $50 or less and very easy to hook up.

I lucked out, my laptop has an IR port and I love my SmartCom.

Also remember with the aladin pro you have to buy the uwatec memo mouse to download your dives to your pc.The memo mouse isnt exactly cheap in price either.I have seen them from around 100.00 to 250.00 in dive shops.

I just recently bought a smartcom and so far love it.My wifes laptop has a built in infrared port and works awesome.I was gonna buy infrared for my desktop but never got around to it.I have noticed quite a few infrared devices on ebay for a decent price.

Also the smart series come with an awesome log book program and dive graph.So basically if you get a smart series the only thing you need to buy is the infrared device which is way cheaper than a memo mouse.

I checked out ebay and you're right about the IR. I can get one to plug into my USB port for under $20.00. I also downloaded the smart trak software to have a look at it and I was really impressed. I want to use this computer for many years to come, so I think the Smart Pro is my best choice. Thanks for the help.:clapping:

I just went through the same thing you are going through. I had a laptop without a infrared port and needed to buy one. Since I had a ton of info on different infrared ports since I am a computer scientist, I decided to go with the U4-IRDA. It connects to your USB port and works great. I am not sure how much you were going to pay for your dive computer, but I bought mine from tgidiving.com because on top of the manufacturers gaurentee, they offer a one year product replacement for free. (* also matches other prices *) I paid $577 for mine from him. Remember they deducte 16 % off the price.

Danny

Thanks so much for the assistance!! I ordered the Jet Eye IrDA ( that has been tested by Uwatec) off Ebay for $19.99, AND got a student discount from my LDS bringing the price of my Smart Pro down to $571.50 plus tax. I had to order it though, since there were no more in stock. It will give me time to do my class time in my Nitrox course and I'm hoping it arrives by the time I do my check-out dives.

Nice price on the SmartCom!!

You won't regret having the Infrared feature. I still need to buy one of the irda adapters for my main workstation at home, for now I'm just using a laptop to download. Either way, it is SOOO much nicer than plugging the cables into the computer.

And the SmartTrak software is pretty cool...it's nice having the log, and you can print the whole thing off if you ever need it.

Price for Smart Pro at http://www.scubastore.com
EURO 462.2 = $450.00

Why is there such a big price diffrence with those mentioned here?

I allso got the tip that when I mention this price in my local store I would get the same there.

Back
Top Bottom