uWatec Smart Com: Reset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No9

Registered
Reaction score
I have an old uWatec Smart Com dive computer I no longer use or want to use. It does however have dive logs that I need to download. The battery has died and I do not want to send it off to Scubapro and pay for the battery to be replaced.

I have found instructions to replace the battery and have done so successfully. There is a 'service' spanner on the screen which I believe is a good thing.

What I am having issues with is the reset. I have followed the instructions on this site (Smart COM reset) but have not been successful. I believe these two holes are what is referred to in the attached picture that need to be connected by touching with a 100 ohms resistor. Can anyone help?

Again, I do not require to use it again I just want the information off it. If it all works I may keep it as a spare but I am not worried about it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 1,548
All sorted. I didn't short it
Will you share with us what you DID do?

I didn't short the battery before using the resistor to bridge the plating holes.

The page I link to in my original post is in Czech. When Google translated it, it has a sentence that reads....'BEFORE RESET circuit the very short (approximately 0.5) battery contacts to computer happened not in some undefined state'. That turns out to mean you need to short (touch the two ends of the battery with a wire) the battery for 0.5 seconds before you bridge the plating holes with the resistor. When I shorted the battery the service spanner disappeared, I touched the resistor to the plating holes, the dive computer beeped and now works.

My issue now, is getting the computer to download via ir.

Last edited:
Hi there, I know this thread is older but I was hoping someone would be able to chime in...

We just sent in all three of our smart come in for battery replacements...

One of the three came back with: unit failed to reset and it's beyond repair.

We are literally used these computers for our check out Dives, a trip to Cozumel and a trip to Bonaire. They have always been stored inside the house and very protected.

Needless to say I'm very irritated and hoping that there is something else that we can do.

Would scubapro have done this very procedure?

Is there anything that we can do?

I did it all and it works, BUT, the pressure is not reading..... Any suggestion besides changing the dive computer :wink:

Back
Top Bottom