uwatec galileo users... i need some input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadus98

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am in need of some guidence in uploading bitmap pics into my galileo. nothing fancy just some basic lay of the land type of pics.
I tried to convert a jpeg to bmp and upload into my dive comp but it just came out as a big blob...
2nd i tried to draw a new pic in bmp format but came out with the same results... has anyone been sucessfull at uploading pics onto their galileo and if so could you help a brotha out....
Thanks Andreas

Soyak_Island_Wreck.jpg

or

_16.JPG

so i would need to make the bitmaps 128 x 80 pic in gray scale

I can not do them either. I found them on here a while ago

so i would need to make the bitmaps 128 x 80 pic in gray scale

Yes, that's right. In your bitmap drawing program, set your page or image size to 128 X 80 pixels landscape. On the dive computer, you can't really distinguish many shades of gray, so 16-bit would be sufficient. After you have your new blank image, zoom in so that you can see each individual pixel. Then create your image with a drawing tool, or pixel by pixel (in a manner similar to creating icons).
I suggest you start by creating a grid. Once you upload the grid into the Galileo, you will see exactly where your menu boxes are located and you can then create a blank template which shows their location and avoid drawing in those areas. You might also want to create some small symbols or objects for easy reuse (copy/paste) like in the pictures I uploaded.

i was plaing around with paint and made a few maps
what i foud out is some shades of gary do not show up
and if you inport a pic form the galileo back to your PC it is resized to 256x160
but the display on the galileo is defeanetly 128x80

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom