Uwatec Battrie Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingdog5

Registered
Reaction score
Ok Guys Can I Just Change The Battrie Nmy Self We Are On A World Tour And Singapore Dealers Have Quoted Me 2- 6 Weeks Before I Get My Smart Pro Back Any Wiz Kids Out There Ho Can Tell Me Ho To Do It My Self

Thanks

I have an early model that has a lot and I mean a lot of dives on it. When it got down to 10% I took it to the shop so they could send it back for a battery change. They said use it a while longer then bring it in. It was over six months and a couple of hundred dives later when it hit 5%. I wanted to see how far it would go so I kept relying on my other computer as the power level got a bit lower. It finally died at 4% and I guess it didn’t like the cold under the ice. Another one I’m around a lot died slightly below the 10% level.

What the original Uwatec people, not SP people, told me in warm water 10% is normally just fine but under cold conditions change it a little earlier.

I got mine when the Aladen Pro Air first came out and have had two $80.00 battery changes. But the battery change also includes a factory inspection and calibration. So I still think that spending $160.00 over roughly 15 or so years isn’t bad. That works out to only around $10.00 a year for batteries and having it maintained. My back up costs more in just batteries than the Aladen with batteries and service.

Some of the models have user friendly battery change kits that are very reasonable. Once you get the kit the next time go to one of the battery stores that specialize in just batteries. They will get you the right battery and solder the tabs on for you for just a few bucks, much less than from SP. They are the most trouble free unit I have ever had.

Gary D.

thanks mate i relise that they are factory serviced but the mineral oil spot weilder and gaskets dont travel to well one a round the world trip ..just that i need it to go back to work in indo ,,,, but never mind .my fault just to much diving hay !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom