Uwatec Aladin Tec2g Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Tec2g that I've had for a couple of years. Recently after a dive it stopped working. It was fine after the dive as I checked some details on it after the dive but when I got home I noticed it wouldn't turn on anymore. I presumed it was the battery so I changed that and it will beep at me but nothing appears on the display.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it? It's still under warranty, but just checking if there is an easy fix for it.

<double post>

Take the battery out for 15-20 seconds then reinstall. Standard protocol for any electronic equipment really...

Yep, I had done that twice already. Each time, a little bit after I have reinstalled the battery, it beeps but no other response.

edit: Oh I should state too that I have tried two batteries in it as I thought perhaps the batch I bought might have been dodgy so I went out and got another one.

I had one that only showed a couple of lines on the face. I could not turn it on or off. I figured it out. I cleaned between the water sensors and it worked properly. Evidently there was enough of a buildup between the sensors to tell the computer it was underwater. Now I use a cloth and clean the outside instead of just rinsing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom