Uwatec aladin sport plus console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just certified a couple of weeks. Wife and I already have bc's, fins, masks, etc. Pretty much only lacking reg's and guages. Problem is LDS owner nice enough to let me use his guages since my bc (SP Knighthawk) has the air2 2nd stage built in. He has the uwatec aladin sport plus computer with the spg on it. I absolutely love diving with it. Can't decide if he's being nice or trying to get me hooked on the console. Would the general opinion be to go ahead and splurge to get them both at the same time? Gonna pay off the stuff we've already bought first but will be looking at regs and guages next. Please give me some input. We're going to Cozumel in February and am thinking we might be able to get them by then. Good luck and good diving. GT

I am sure it is a nice computer but I would make three recomendations.

1) Buy a nitrox compatible computer because sooner or later you will probably want to get EANx certified.

2) Buy a wrist mount. To me its much eaiser to monitor especially on the accent.

3) I would consider another brand. I am none too happy with Uwatec's customer service over the Smart Computer recall. I seem to be getting the run-around about getting a different computer and they want me to take a step down rather than a step up. Also, the person I talked to on the phone seemed none too informed on the cost or availability to upgrade. If I could get my money back I would probably lean towards a Suunto or maybe an Aeris.

I recommend you look at the Suunto Cobra before purchasing, if you are looking for air integrated, if AI is not that important to you than the Vyper.

I also buy as much of my gear at one time, (if I'm able too), the LDS usually will work out a discount or throw in freebies.

cstreu1026, which number did you call, and who was it you talked with at UWATEC?

Back
Top Bottom