Uwatec Aladin Pro battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psiborg1812

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know how to change the battery for an Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox? What kind of batteries does it take? I don't want to pay over a hundred bucks for a battery change. Thanks!

Good luck. Uwatec has made there computers so that users cannot change them out. I researched this a year or so ago and there are several threads out there that will explain it in further detail. But long story short... Nope.

But if you are the original owner and have the paperwork to show it they have a life time battery warranty.

Bleah, i figured as much...

I know its a DIY forum but..I had an Uwatec Alladin Ultra pro computer with a dead battery. Used the guys below. $59 incl shipping and I had the computer back in three days, with a higher battery level than when I bought it. Per invoice battery itself was $20.

Page Title

There's a lengthy thread in French here.

The bottom line is: it's doable, but messy because of the oil.

There is a guy on Youtube with a 3 part instructional video on changing the battery. It's in spanish, but you can see exactly what to do just by watching it.

YouTube - Bricosub's Channel

Just did one myself. Note the 99% battery life in the second pic.

aladin1.jpg

aladin2.jpg

Great video!

But, like I said, it's messy, and there are risks that are not shown, the most common one is the bubbles that may be trapped inside. I only buy computers I can service myself.

Oh, yes, bubbles. Didn't you hear him talking about the bubbles? LOL

Unfortunately, I was forced to take French in school. The extent of my Spanish can get me to the bathroom and order more beer. That's about it.

I had a small bubble on my first try. It showed up right on the display area. I sent it back into the pool of fluid like he did to reseal it while completely submerged.

Oh, yes, bubbles. Didn't you hear him talking about the bubbles? LOL

Unfortunately, I was forced to take French in school. The extent of my Spanish can get me to the bathroom and order more beer. That's about it.

I had a small bubble on my first try. It showed up right on the display area. I sent it back into the pool of fluid like he did to reseal it while completely submerged.

What oil did you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom