UWATEC Aladin 2G Alarms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaverickNH

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a new UWATEC Aladin 2G 3-gage console. It's one thing to read the manual and another to see how it works when NOT in an emergency. I'm using Dive Nav divePAL, which helps simulate using the unit, but I'd like to hear the alarms underwater to know what to expect.

Is there any way to trigger the alarms in a test mode?

No, as far as I know there is no test mode for the alarms. If you have the sound ON, you can hear the beep when you turn it on.

It sounds like it is timne to take it diving!

..... I'm using Dive Nav divePAL, which helps simulate using the unit, ....

Thank you for using divePAL

..... ... I'd like to hear the alarms underwater to know what to expect.
Did you take the Aladin 2G online class? If yes, you should be able to hear the audible alarms of the Aladin 2G in module 3 section 7 and in module 7.

Also, you could take the Aladin 2G for a virtual dive with our eDiving simulator and see it in action during emergency situations ... like ascending ultra fast - without getting hurt (well ... your virtual diver might get killed in the process ... but you can always hit the abort key and restrat the dive :wink:)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks Alberto - Yes, I did take the Aladin 2G course and thought it was very good indeed.

But I'm looking to know how the alarms sound underwater wearing a wetsuit hood. My hearing has lost a few dB on the high end, so I'm wondering if the sound is unmistakably loud so I won't miss it if ever happens that I trigger alarms.

I guess I'll have to set shallow depth and time limits and just find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom