uwatec air z 02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solodyver

Reaction score
I just bought me first Rebreather. I started out with the Drager Dolphin
My LDS recommends that I buy the Uwatec airz . Sounds good, but are there any other good computers that have the same options for my SCR????

confused:

solodyver once bubbled...
I just bought me first Rebreather. I started out with the Drager Dolphin
My LDS recommends that I buy the Uwatec airz . Sounds good, but are there any other good computers that have the same options for my SCR????

confused:
unless you want to replace it in the future I would recommend buyiong either the Hs-explorer or VR3.. the HS-explorer is all you will ever need.. The VR3 you can buy a base model and upgrade as you advance

I'll second PadiScubapros advice, Explorer or VR3 are good choices and will expand with you as you go deeper for longer, play with gases and eventually go CCR

Oxygauge works but has little expansion or future

Welcome to the bubble free (ok well bubble less often) world. A wise choice in making sure you have PO2 monitoring on your Dolphin. Remember the golden rule is "Allways know your PO2"

The AirZO2/Oxy2 combo was specifically designed for use with the Dolphin and is the most obvious choice. Since it's distributed by Scubapro it is also a likely choice for recommendation by your LDS. It's a pretty good, albeit quite expensive, set-up as long as you stay out of deco. The algorithm it uses is not quite up-to--date.

Either the Hydrospace Explorer or DeltaP VR3 are far more advanced, both in their algorithms (RGBM for HSE, microbubbles for VR3) as well as in their features. Either one should also be less expensive than the Uwatec combo. I'd go with the Explorer, but that is a personal preference. And I agree with both previous posts, either one will be a better option than the Uwatec combo, and you made a wise decision to get a ppO2 monitoring device.

All three manufacturers have their respective manuals online as .pdf files. I recommend you download all three and work your way through them. It'll tell you more than we can, and especially the Explorer's manual is worth reading.

Add-ited: DeltaP now also offers the VR2, a less expensive computer. It can calculate up to 4 different EANx mixes for open circuit, as well as be integrated with an O2 cell to for use with SCR and CCR. If HE mixes are not for you, this computer might be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom