UW wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We organized a surprise for our friends (newly wedded couple). The site (cave) where we brought them was called Cathedral. They were totally confused (his mask instantly went fogged) especially when we started to throw rice (it can be seen on picture) and when DM showed them a board with text "You're now UW wedded". Picures are not so good because there were a lot of divers swimming throwing rice the water was full of sand but you'll get the picture.

That's neat. I have heard about UW weddings and always wondered. Do you just give them each a buddy sign and they give the OK back, and that's it?

We re-newed our vows underwater in '99. It took place on a group trip with Diverlink.com. Since we didn't need any officials, we had friends play the parts of preacher, Best Man, Man of Honor (instead of Maid), etc. The 'Preacher' wrote out the vows on a big slate for all to see. The rest of our friends were kneeling in a semi-circle in the sand behind us. We had a blast! It was more than just a fun time, in our hearts we truly did renew our vows.

There are U/W co-ordinators at most resorts who will provide a diving minister and whatever you want the ceremony to be. It's perfectly legal.

norcaldiver once bubbled...
That's neat. I have heard about UW weddings and always wondered. Do you just give them each a buddy sign and they give the OK back, and that's it?

They didn't know what would happen. We took them to ordinary dive. It was their first visit to Chatedral. We were down there when they arrived with DM. She was the preacher and I was the best man. When they reached the entrance of the cave, DM showed them board and we circled them and started to throw the rice. It took a few minutes them to understand what was realy going on. Finally, she gave an OK sign (can be seen on this picture) and he waved me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom