UW photos from CoCo View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally made my way through the 24 gigs of photos I shot last month while diving at CoCo View. Be gentle as I was using a new camera and I finally added strobes. Focus, or lack there of was a huge issue. This was especially problematic when shooting at F/2.8. I'll be adding a focus light before the next trip in September.

Most of my shots were done in aperture priority, but it's time to go full manual.

Any suggestions/criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

A special thanks to RoatanMan. I thought I was seeing "small" critters until he introduced me to an entirely new level of smallness. Tis true that virtually everything underwater has some form of life living within/on it. Thanks RoatanMan. I'm eternally grateful for the time we spent together.

Camera: Canon T1i
Lens: Canon EF-S 60mm macro
Housing: Watershot
Strobes: Inon Z240 & S2000 shot STTL
Photographer: eTard

Anyway, here's a quick preview, and a link to the photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/yellod...&authkey=Gv1sRgCJLr6ufS4sCxBQ&feat=directlink

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3162.jpg
    IMG_3162.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 106
awesome pics the detail is great!!! .....wow how do you find all those little critters.....these old eyes have a hard time...glad to see the pic of Tulio's memorial...I try to clean it up when I am there....looks like it has a lot of growth on it now....is the little damsel fish still there protecting it?....thanks for sharing....that is some macro lense !!!!

You have absolutely captured the essence of what I love so much about the south side of Roatan...great job! :D:D:D

nice.

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. I've got a ton yet to learn, and am open to constructive criticism and instruction.

How do I find all the critters....... It's all about going extremely slow. RoatanMan taught me the difference between what I thought was "slow", and what "slow" really is.

I didn't see the Damsel fish, but that doesn't mean that he/she isn't there.

Wonderful and amazing. It's been 5 weeks since we were at CCV and feels like a year. Thanks for bringing back such great
pictures to look at.

Rob

GORGEOUS pictures! Colors are amazing

It's been 5 weeks since we were at CCV and feels like a year.

I know what you mean. I was there last March, and again in July, yet it seems like 6 months ago. My only remedy was to book another trip back there in September:eyebrow:. Problem solved:D

Credit cards: If you can still read your signature on the back of them, it simply means that you aren't shaggin' 'em properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom