UW P&S Comparison test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I believe the Fuji F60D with Ikelite housing with Inon AD lenses and adapter would be an "awesome" combination.

As noted in the article wide angle is an absolute requirement. My calculations indicate that the Fuji F60/50D should work with all three Inon AD lenses including the incredible 165 degree fisheye lens. These are 12.0MP cameras with full manual control and multiple shooting modes. I think it is the winner and I hear it has a fast shutter also, low noise, high ISO range.

Finally an acknowledgment that wide angle is important and the selection is very poor.

Why they refuse to use the Inon 28AD/AD/threaded-on 67MM is beyond me. The 28AD lenses and dome should work with the Nikon P6000 and the standard 67MM lenses optimized for 35MM equivalent native lenses should work if zoomed slightly on cameras with 28MM equivalent native lenses.

People will tell you this will not work, that will not work blah, blah, there is no optical reason these things will not work best I can determine. Example, Ikelite says the Inon AD lenses will not work with the Canon 570IS, not true, they work just fine on the Canon DC-12 housing but the Ikelite port is to long. Well, I know have the AD lenses on my Ikelite housing and they work just fine with the only issue being I must zoom slightly because I am still fighting a port issue which I hope to fully conquer in time.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom