UW camera housings in the Phil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiddo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've long been postponing my plans of getting a digital camera and UW housing. Summer is fast approaching and I plan to finally push through and get one. All I'm looking for is a point and shoot digital camera (DSLRs out of budget) and a housing for it. I plan on getting a housing first since its more difficult to find a housing than find a camera here in the Phil.

I am from Cagayan de Oro and no camera shop here will take orders for a housing so I'd have to buy one in Manila. A friend of mine is going there first week of April and I plan to have her buy me the housing.

Can you guys recommend a digital camera to fit my needs? a point and shoot, with a reliable UW housing and spare parts available in the Phil is more or less all I need. I don't plan on getting external strobes or add-on lenses anytime soon. Also, please recommend a place to get it in Manila.

Thanks to all. :D

try ellen at diverspoint. i think she has the canon powershot g9 with housing which is getting good reviews. she also has other canon models with housing. call her up first 09189203323

I second the motion...

For P&S, I think the G9 is on top of the game... I don't have one but I've seen what it can do in the right hands... and eye.

Might be your best bet.

Not my photo but you can see the potential of the G9.

DIGIDIVER :: Log in

Some shots with a G9... sorry I think you have to register first before you can check it out...

Hey guys! I've long been postponing my plans of getting a digital camera and UW housing. Summer is fast approaching and I plan to finally push through and get one. All I'm looking for is a point and shoot digital camera (DSLRs out of budget) and a housing for it. I plan on getting a housing first since its more difficult to find a housing than find a camera here in the Phil.

I am from Cagayan de Oro and no camera shop here will take orders for a housing so I'd have to buy one in Manila. A friend of mine is going there first week of April and I plan to have her buy me the housing.

Can you guys recommend a digital camera to fit my needs? a point and shoot, with a reliable UW housing and spare parts available in the Phil is more or less all I need. I don't plan on getting external strobes or add-on lenses anytime soon. Also, please recommend a place to get it in Manila.

Thanks to all. :D
if you're not picky Olympus and Canon have good P&S cameras w/ matching housings

in manila there's DIGITAL STUDIO sells olympus cams and housings and the pixtreme camera

pixtreme is a very affordable and decent u/w digital camera system... it's a great way to get started especially if you're not going to go all-out and really just want a rugged little thing to document your adventures...

my 1st cam was a pixtreme and really liked it... the newer models are far better than the one i used years ago

Jag

PS
there's a digital studio in market market and in GB4 across from powerbooks... meron din malamang in megamall or moa

How much is the G9? My budget is only around 25k for cam+housing. Pwede na ba yun?

I suspect, with that budget, you may be better off looking at an A570, or maybe an A650 (in terms of Canon)

Z..

How much is the G9? My budget is only around 25k for cam+housing. Pwede na ba yun?
25k cam PLUS housing???

hmmm... most canon housing already at the 10-12k range locally... so the camera will have to fit in the rest...

or yun nga, the intova... 16k i think for the whole shebang

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom