Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Off to Laguna Beach Resort in Utila April 5 for a week. Hope to see some whale sharks. will report when I return.

Mark...would you do me a favor? Take lots of pictures around the resort and the shore diving area. Next year's Roatan trip will be for 2 weeks and I'm trying to decide whether to spend 1 week of it at Laguna Beach.

I'm also interested in any whaleshark sightings. We'll be at CCV the 12th so send them our way!

Have a great time!

Went to Laguna Beach Resort in Utila with Houston Underwater Club group 4/5-12. 25 people in all. uneventful getting there. Plane on time to San Pedro Sula. Short wait for SOSA plane to Utila. Got to resort around 4:30 or so. Visibility on south side not too hot due to earlier storms. Big disappointment did not see a whale shark despite hunting for them. North side vis was good. Saw lots of fish including a frogfish. after seeing this other boat went out next day looking for it. Lots of good dives no one got sick or hurt. Weather did not cooperate on Thursday and hardly anyone went out in morning. But things cleared up and everyone was out in the afternoon. did 14 dives in all. some did 20-21. Saw the town the last day. Return uneventful all planes on time. No lost luggage.

Got good news while there. After leaving prior employer in November with good severance package have been hanging out since then. Called headhunter from Utila on Wednesday and received offer of new job at more money than before. So much for me being a scuba bum. Start new job april 28.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom