Utila, last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of tricks to help an Oly C4040Z lock onto something as elusive as diving whalesharks? The attached was the best I got on digital out of nine sightings.

Dee is the best person to answer that since she takes beautiful pictures with her 4040. What settings are you using when you're taking UW pictures? I have the 3020 and I set the camera to shutter priority and set it on 1/100 for openwater and 1/250 for close-ups with a flash.

Hope this helps
Wreck Ranger

I'm new to the camera so with these shots I used the automatic setting: "P". Many fish portraits came out well but it would resist focusing on distant shots on well camouflaged fish. I switched to a film camera for later ws dives.

Get a wide angle lens. That'd probably be your best bet to get the whole (or most of it, anyway) shark in the shot. Inon makes one and so does Sea&Sea.

-Roman.

This is a perfect subject for a wide angle lens! If you were zoomed all the way in and were still too close, you could have just aimed for the front and gotten the head and first half of the body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom