Utila Dream Ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SayNo2Snow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all...
We will be dividing our vacation between Roatan and Utila and have decided to take the ferry back and forth. We're heading over to Utila the end of February and returning mid March.
Our accommodations are booked for Saturday arrival and departure on Utila.
Is it important to book our tickets ahead of time? ... and how much ahead of time for traveling back and forth on a Saturday at that time of the season?
Also is there anything I should be aware of traveling on the ferry? All of the posts that I was able to locate are rather out of date.
Thanks so much for any info you folks can share!!

Cheers!
Ann y Lorne

Hi Ann y Lorne. No worries about booking ahead of time. The only time they are at risk of selling out is during the big holidays such as Easter (Semana Santa). There are loads of seats on the ferry and you won't have any issues whatsoever getting your ticket on arrival. It's a clean, modern and comfy boat.

The only advice i have for the ferry is make sure to have your passport and expect to pay for bags if they're over 50lb or you have more then 1 per person. They usually allow 2 but don't be surprised if that changes by the time your riding, they are a bit ridiculous at times when it comes to bags and fees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom