Utila Dive Center UDC PADI Divemaster Program Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeafyGirl

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Are you looking for a top-notch scuba training center to complete your PADI divemaster program? Do you want to experience a perfect balance between working hard to accomplish your goal while having lots of fun along the way? Do you want to learn from the most highly trained course directors? Would you like to have a Staff IDC instructor level mentor to gently guide you through your divemaster program? Interested in learning more about the coral watch program, sidemount, and closed circuit rebreathers? Would you enjoy swimming with wild dolphins and whalesharks? These are but just a few of the many reasons I chose to complete my PADI divemaster program at Utila Dive Center (UDC) in Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras finishing up on 26, August 2012. Yeah!!!!! Andy and Suzy (course directors) and Maya (my mentor) were always around to assist DMT (divemasters in training) yet encouraged independent thinking and allowing you to demonstrate taking initiative, which leads one to come away with an increased sense of confidence in your skill sets, making you a very competent and talented divemaster, IMHO!
From the first email contact with Andy, gopro@utiladivecenter.com, I knew that UDC was something special. I had researched many DM programs in the US, Thailand, Red Sea, and the Caribbean. I was making a huge career and lifestyle change and I wanted to find the absolute best program on earth. Andy’s responsiveness level to my questions was by far the most impressive I encountered in all my research. In a super timely manner, Andy provided me with comprehensive answers to all the big and little questions people want to know about when they are considering embarking on a DM journey.
Looking back over the 4 weeks of my PADI DM program I am 150% (yah I know, no such thing, but you get the point, above and beyond) satisfied that I did pick the absolute best DM program on earth run by some of the coolest dive professionals ever! You become part of the “UDC family” which is made up of thousands of dive professionals located all over the world. How amazing is that? I so encourage you to check out their website at www.utiladivecenter.com and if you’d like you can email me directly lunaunderwater@gmail.com with any questions or comments for which I can reply from a DM’s perspective. Of course you may be able to guess, I am staying to complete my Instructor Development Course (IDC) with UDC. I wouldn’t consider going anywhere else to become an OWSI and MSDT! This IS UDC! :acclaim:
Luna Smith-PADI Divemaster
IPAD photos 152.jpg
Great Barracuda.jpgDolphins.jpganemone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom