UTD Announces Extreme Scuba Makeover Challenge.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unified Team Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
takethechallange.jpg
Are ready to take the Buoyancy, Balance and Trim Challenge?

Here is the challenge...if you take the ESM Class

• You will drop a significant amount off your current weighting system.
  • You will acquire perfect buoyancy on which you can build impeccable skills.
  • You will attain gorgeous UTD/DIR style trim (prone) position by learning "insider tricks."
  • You will significatly improve your air compensation rate.
  • You will start developing positioning kicks such as frog kicks.
  • You will improve your knowledge of Min Deco to dive without relying on a computer.
  • You will improve your understanding of gas management your return to the surface.
  • You will learn to conduct skills without getting on your knees.
  • Most importantly you will be on a path to become a thinking diver!!!

If you are like many of us and are interested in improving your scuba diving skills, this Extreme Scuba Makeover (ESM) program is the first step toward that goal. This 12-part online video class (2 hours) focuses on the "foundation" (buoyancy, trim and weighting). It breaks it down step by step to show you how to execute proper buoyancy, determine the proper amount of weighting to use, and most importantly figure out how to get that "perfect" UTD/DIR Trim.

Maybe you've seen other divers who are destroying the ocean bottom, beating on the reef, kicking up the silt, and crashing down on delicate corals because they need to improve their scuba diving skills. Seeing this, you probably thought to yourself, "I don't want to be that diver." Maybe you are that diver and want to change and improve or relearn your skills. Maybe you are a new diver and want to perfect your skills or feel that something was missing in your training. In any case, the number one law of learning is the "Law of Primacy," meaning that the first thing you learn is what you will remember the most. Given this law, you can see why so many divers have learned wrong...they learned to conduct all their skills on their knees and therefore are most comfortable doing skills on their knees and/or diving with poor trim, buoyancy, and weighting.
Click here for an introduction video and more information about changing your diving!!!

UTD Team

Nice.

I just saw this and I'm interested. I would like to do the Essentials of Tech, but I'm a long way from the skills needed for the class. I could take Essentials and be overwhelmed, but the idea of a 1-day class as an intro-to-the-intro sounds really nice to me! :)

Has anyone taken this class? What did you think of it?

I just saw this and I'm interested. I would like to do the Essentials of Tech, but I'm a long way from the skills needed for the class. I could take Essentials and be overwhelmed, but the idea of a 1-day class as an intro-to-the-intro sounds really nice to me! :)

Yes, I have taken it and it was well worth it. An intro-to-the-into is a good way to describe it. I was very impressed by the staff the level of instruction. Don't worry about gear they will teach you in any gear configuration. It also gives UTD a chance to evaluate your skills and recommend where you should start if you want to take classes like you mentioned above. Bottom line: the UTD staff is very accepting and easy to work with, you will be surprised what you will learn in only one class.

Yes, I took this course in the Philippines with the UTD instructors there it is worth it and will make all of the other classes a little easier as your trim will be adjusted

Back
Top Bottom