USS New York targeted again..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stvbrit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Subic salvagers still at it, I dove the NY Thursday October 12th, and personally observed VERY recent salvage evidence, a 1 X 1.5 M whole banged out of keel area near one of the entrances into Boiler rooms, very distinct, no doubt about it man made. Very thin layer of rust was washed away to reveal bare metal around exposed area.....Did not penetrate to look for additional evidence but bet it's clear as day...
Suspected that SBMA harbor patrol in cohoots with the Subic salvagers.........
So what are we going to do?

Anonymous concerned diver....

Yeah I remember the DM telling me that salvagers have been ripping panels off of USS NY. Damn shame... That plus people taking CORAL off the wrecks to sell as well...

If Subic Mayor Jeffrey Khonghun got off his butt and did something about it, they'll realize that the USS New York and the other wrecks will be more valuable to the area's economy in the long run generating tourist dollars rather than chump change for crap metal...

Crazy world:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

oh, thats bad. haven't even seen that wreck. Better dive there soon before only the skeleton is left.

Anybody for a day trip? hehe

Mampsa:
Better dive there soon before only the skeleton is left.
HAHAHAAAAAA:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom