Using RunCam 5 or hero session underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gone for diving

Contributor
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much info on these camera's for underwater use, other than the housings deflect or waterpoof button is pushing in,
The housing doesn't really bother me to much, I plan to fabricate a stronger housing, if the video is good,

I am quite interested in the RunCam 5
Seems to have decent specs, small and compact,
Has anyone had any experience with these?

There doesn't seem to be much info on these camera's for underwater use,
That tiny cam is primarily for Drone use due to it's light weight. It's lens is setup for shots at a thousand feet in the distance instead of the normal 5-20ft that we divers shoot at underwater. It also doesn't have the underwater color correction to help out the Red & green colors we see underwater so all you video will come out more dull grey unless you spend hours in post processing. You've probably already read that it's image stabilization is lacking.

If it's the low price that you want, then many of us are diving the Akaso V50X at $79. It's a go-pro knock off but it's the huge amount of free included accessories & UW housing that's a big bonus. Several of us are shooting it now underwater and the results are really good. I've taken it down to 120ft and all the buttons worked and not a even a hint of a leak. Here's a sample video from the cam from a recent SB-gathering dive.

Akaso V50X is it same as gopro batteries and housing?

you video looks pretty good, :)
does EIS work well underwater?
I just want a camera that I don't really have to think about, it will just record,,
I like the cylindrical bullet cameras because they are compact, and not as clunky,,,
thats why I was leaning to the RunCam,
but focus distance I didn't really think about,,, thanks

Akaso V50X is it same as gopro batteries and housing?

you video looks pretty good, :)
does EIS work well underwater?
I don't do color correction either. What you see in the video is what you get. The image stabilization is very good and smooth. There's a ton of features like wifi, blue tooth, 2 batteries & they even give you a tiny remote control. Has 12 different mounts and just like GoPro. I learned about it from the young kids who were diving with it. It's on amazon and mine came in just one day. You can use any editing program mac /windows and even do it on your phone.

There doesn't seem to be much info on these camera's for underwater use, other than the housings deflect or waterpoof button is pushing in,
The housing doesn't really bother me to much, I plan to fabricate a stronger housing, if the video is good,

I am quite interested in the RunCam 5
Seems to have decent specs, small and compact,
Has anyone had any experience with these?
I have used the hero session.
I am a beginner.
Here are my videos from that device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom