using polespear with scuba legal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i am really curious about the legalities of using polespear with scuba in the Phil? I know that using spearguns with scuba is frowned upon and illegal in some areas but wondering if the polespear is applicable? just wondering:)

Spoon:
guys i am really curious about the legalities of using polespear with scuba in the Phil? I know that using spearguns with scuba is frowned upon and illegal in some areas but wondering if the polespear is applicable? just wondering:)
from what i know "spearfishing" (that would include the polespear i guess) on scuba is illegal in protected/ sanctuary areas...

some resorts ban it all together (scuba or not)

there are some dive areas though that allow this... more often than not these are the off-the-beaten track areas and not the primary dive destinations (like anilao, pg, bora, malapascua, etc.)

personally? i frown upon it... hunting in general... especially on scuba... it doesn't give the fish a sporting chance... on apnea in a non-protected area - have fun - but i won't look at the pictures...

Jag

shugar:
from what i know "spearfishing" (that would include the polespear i guess) on scuba is illegal in protected/ sanctuary areas...

some resorts ban it all together (scuba or not)

there are some dive areas though that allow this... more often than not these are the off-the-beaten track areas and not the primary dive destinations (like anilao, pg, bora, malapascua, etc.)

personally? i frown upon it... hunting in general... especially on scuba... it doesn't give the fish a sporting chance... on apnea in a non-protected area - have fun - but i won't look at the pictures...

Jag

as mentioned i was only wondering

Spoon:
as mentioned i was only wondering
no prob =)

if it wasn't for the relative rarity of some creatures or the overall threat humans are making against the marine environment, i would love to give spear fishing a go... my dad used to do it way back when it was not politically incorrect to do so

Jag

Back
Top Bottom