Using Apex First Stage Repair Kit to Rebuild Zeagle FlatHead VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rostyvyg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I believe that it might be dependant on the age of the reg. A number of years ago Apeks was building the Zeagle regulators, What I understand is that Zeagle has since changed to another Mfg.

Jist wondering if Apex and Zeagle first stages are similar to the extent that Apex first stage repair kit sold here...

buy Apeks First Stage Rebuild Kit at northeastscubasupply.com - Regulators - Regulator Service Kits - Apeks Regulator Service Kits - Apeks First Stage Rebuild Kit - Northeast Scuba Supply

...could be used to rebuild Zeagle Flathead IV regulators. No guesses, please. Thanks. Rosty.
Please reconcile the discrepancy in your stated reg model.
In the thread title, you call it a Flathead VI, but in the post you refer to it as a Flathead IV.
I'm not a Zeagle reg guy, but I've never heard of a Flathead IV.

If you want to be 100% certain, contact Zeagle directly for your answer.

Zeagle stopped selling re-branded Apeks regs around 1999 IIRC (they were the US distributor for APeks, before Aqualung bought out Apeks). The Flathead is not a rebranded Apeks regulator. So I would suggest you follow the advice in post #3

Scott Zeagle posts here on the boards and in the Zeagle forum if you want to ask him

No it cannot be used Zeagle has a different kit. It has a plastic orifice taht yoi replace and that does not exist in apeks afaik. Besides, and I might be wrong om this but as i remember apeks uses metric o rings instead of imperial

Back
Top Bottom