Using a HP Hose to connect Computer Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any problems with using a HP hose to connect the Computer transmitter? I find that if I put the transmitter straight to the first stage, too many dive ops use the transmitter as a grasping point.

Any problem with doing this?

Good question !!!!!!...In theory should work the same as being connected directly to 1st stage......but if you do that, seems to defeat purpose of 'hoseless'....There are plastic screw-in 'plugs' you can get for the LP & HP 1st stage ports [easy to remove by hand but still protect the port] and you could wait to put your transmitter in [I only hand tighten my transmitters, it's the 'O' ring that seals not how tight the transmitter is...Alot of divers over tighten transmitters] just before the dive.....I also don't let anyone attach my reg's to a tank and I make a habit of reminding them to be careful when they help me remove tanks [I watch them when they help others to see if they're doing it].......Another thing you can do is put the transmitter in a port that is protected from being an easy hand hold.......If those things don't work bring an electric cattle prod, but make sure you're grounded if you use it....

hqduong,
No problem using a short hose to attach your transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom