Useless Dive Flag in Rainbow River, Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I have posted before on diving in Florida. You have to be fearless or have a big set of brass ones. Boats and booze go together here like breathing and air. There is little if any enforcement of the laws, and most boaters have no clue about safety for themselves or divers. I live here and dive here. It matters not... fresh or salt water, you take your life in your hands. You have to dive defensively, because the drunk red necks could care less if they kill or hurt you. Nobody else will care either, including law enforcement. Florida is the wild wild west....the law is what ever you can get away with....and that's just about anything. So if you want to dive here, polish up your brass balls or go somewhere else where there is law and order.

Here in WI we have similer issues...I no longer berate an ignorant boat "driver"...notice I did NOT say "Capt". I simply say.."I have an issue...can I borrow your cell phone for a moment?"

I than dial the Dane county S.D. who is VERY active around here during boating season. You can take it from there....lol. A higher authority..ie: ticket and fine...seems to be a better educator than some random scuba diver.

Bubs

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i think the issue is the fact there is no schooling or anything required to buy a boat other than having the cash/credit to afford one.

There are no schooling, no test (like a drivers test) or anything required. You can buy a boat with a DUI, no drivers license and drive one around. Most of these people have no clue what a dive flag is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom