Used reg online (not classifieds)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDiddy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have experience buying used gear from a place like Leisurepro or DRIS? I found one that is available used for about $110 less than new. Rated E+, and they define E as "Excellent - Shows normal wear, might have minor scratches"

Those, as well as @beaverdivers would seem to have a reliable used equipment market.

I picked up my newest regs from Leisurepro, it was a while ago, but the Magnum reg set and Blizzard first have worked flawlessly. I would look there first if I was in the market.

Bob

I’ve got gear from both......very safe.

Anyone have experience buying used gear from a place like Leisurepro or DRIS? I found one that is available used for about $110 less than new. Rated E+, and they define E as "Excellent - Shows normal wear, might have minor scratches"

DRIS is a brick and mortar local dive shop that does a lot of reg repair. Why would buying from them be an issue?

DRIS is a brick and mortar local dive shop that does a lot of reg repair. Why would buying from them be an issue?

That's why OP was asking and now knows, due to those who've kindly answered.

You have a much better way with words than I. Thanks for making my post unnecessary.

Bob

Thanks though I'm unclear as to why your answer became unnecessary? But probably best not to answer my question so as to avoid this thread potentially getting sideways.

OP, I’m not sure what you were looking at getting used from DRIS, but if it was a reg set that had been in their rental fleet, it most likely had been gone over before being posted for sale. Better idea than getting something off eBay when you don’t know the condition it’s in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom