Used rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been going my research for a rebreather for a while now. I hope to make a purchase and begin the training in the next few months. I have now narrowed down to two units after doing my research and talking to people. I am looking at the Evolution and the Prizim. My biggest concern is that I am moving to Florida and I seemed to have problems locating someone in the area if I have problems with the Prizim. The evolution is not an issue.

Has anyone dove both both of these units.

It will come

OC's days are numbered (apart from 5 min trips under the boat), once you've had silent diving there is no going back

It may take 5 years, it may take 10, but it WILL happen

I have been thinking that for a while now. Never used a rebreather in my life, but starting to think that I better at least learn how they work, because I suspect that the future is coming...:11:

The future isn't coming; it's already here!

Adrisen, the largest groups of divers in Florida would be Optima, Meg, and KISS divers. We see some Prisms though not nearly as many as others.

For example, here is a photo from a recent outing. We have lots of Optima divers here. One reason for this is that Dive Rite has its headquarters in Florida. (The other reason is that the Optima is a great unit.)

I would imagine that you will still find ways to get parts and service if you use a Prism. However, there are other options out there that work very well in this region.

(Photo by SFLDiver)

Attachments

• ScubatymeAdrian.jpg
    ScubatymeAdrian.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 113
I considered the Optima But I have a fear with it because diverite has a habit or dropping something from their product line really quick and that is it. I did look at the Optima though. It really is a tough decision because it is an expensive one. I have a feeling I will end up going with what the norm in in the area that I will be living.

I have really had to evaluate my diving and see where it is now and where it is going in the near future to and finding that I want longer and deeper and heading towards photography.

So I now know what the area where I will be living be diving I will now start looking at other units now too and see what I can find out. Thanks for the info.

As ScubaDad mentioned....the future is already here! When RB's were in their infancy (mid-late 90's) we were predicting a decade for units to become common. It happened in under that time.

As per Diverite dropping the Optima. It's really I(in my eyes) a hybrid unit with it's brains powered by Juergesen electronics. The loop being Diverite-designed. There are enough units out there to start a cottage industry for after-markets parts. Additionally, I would do much the same - look for what folks are using the most in my local area too. Always helps.

X

Back
Top Bottom