Used LP 108's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malibugary

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Was at a LDS getting a couple tanks filled and the owner has 2 LP108's he would sell for $100 ea. They need a hydro though. If I look inside and they don't need tumbled is this a very good deal? Hows the bouncy compared to an HP100?

i have a pair of the Faber/OMS 108/112s. I like them because I am a bit of a Hoover, I generally fill them to 3000psi. $100 sounds like a good price if they pass Visual and Hydro. If they look ok inside they will probably pass Hydro if they haven't been abused by lots of high over fills. The Fabers are about 41#(-8#) full, -1# empty and the Worthingtons are 43# (-8#) full and neutral empty according to the Spec sheet on line. The 108s are longer but if you are tall it is not a problem. My LP steel 95/98s are shorter and can create trim issues when i switch from the 108s to the 95/98s.The 108s tend to make my feet even heavier because of their extra length.

100% different from a HP100, but that's a great deal for those tanks. Buoyancy characteristics are close, but the HP100's depending on brand are heavier. Take about 6-8lbs off of your belt vs the 108's at about 4 vs an AL80.

I did get some HP100's and dropped them by this place since they can do 3500 fills. We got to talking and he offered me those LP108's which he's just had in the shop for awhile. He charges 48 for hydro/vip filled. Figured I'd get them when I pick my other tanks up on Monday. Seems cheap enough to try out.

I have a set of Faber/OMS LP 108 LP+ tanks. Great tanks. My favorite steel tank to dive. Buoyancy -8 full and -1 empty. That's a great price if they will hydro.

If they are XS Scuba/ Worthingtons, that would be the deal of the century! Even being discontinued, they are in high demand. Honestly,... as long as they will pass hydro (haven't hardly seen steels that won't),... It is a VERY good deal for steel tanks,.. especially when the sell new retail for $300+ each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom