"Used computer"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So, I have been diving an Oceanic VT3 for 8 1/2 years, 1200 dives, 1260 hours. I have been diving DSAT since 2002, 1600 dives, about 5% light deco, less than 15 minutes, most less than 10. I don't really like the newer Oceanic offerings, DSAT is disappearing with the purchase of Pelagic Pressure Systems by the almighty Aqua Lung, who only offers the deco algorithm of PZ+. I recently bought a "used" VT3 and transmitter from LeisurePro for $399. The cost of a new PPS transmitter is about $399, and has become quite popular as it runs on the Perdix AI and the Teric. The computer I bought had 12 dives and 5 hours on it. I have now dived the computer and the transmitter and both work perfectly. So I'm in shape with backups for both my computer and my transmitter. There are good deals out there if you are willing to look for them.

Just for folks tied to Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GFs. I have been diving with a Dive Rite Nitek Q as a backup for a couple of years now. Unfortunately the $400 computer is no longer available. Though I understand the tracking between DSAT and Buhlmann better than most, I'm perfectly happy to continue to dive DSAT as my primary deco algorithm for my primarily, recreationally oriented dives.

Good diving to all, Craig

Had to read your post a couple if times to decide if you were looking for a used computer or selling a used computer. Still not sure, but I think it is "neither," just offering info?

Anyway, if you are looking for a Pelagic DSAT and don't like the Oceanic line up, try checking out the Sherwood offerings. And I too am hoping that Aqualung at some point adds dual algorithm to their line up. I don't know if the lack of such is because Oceanic has some kind of legal ownership of dual, or if they have some extended non-compete on the feature from the Pelagic purchase agreement, or maybe Aqualung just doesn't think it is important.

And if you want a new Aeris A100 2 gauge console to pull the module out for backup dual algorithm use, drop me a note.

Right, just offering info. I have a feeling Aqua Lung does not have rights to DSAT, or they would already be offering dual algorithm, rather than just the mediocre, middle of the road, proprietary version of Buhlmann ZH-L16C, PZ+. They are relying on their name and brand awareness to sell their computers to ignorant divers.

If Oceanic, Sherwood, Genesis, go under, DSAT may be gone.

I'll be asking around on that topic at DEMA. It'll probably be easiest to get the skinny from Sherwood, or even PADI. I'll point out that DSAT is a corporate affiliate of PADI, so if anything I would think it might be either owned in partnership with PADI, or perhaps licensed from them.

What algorithm did US Divers computers use during Aqualungs first go round with Pelagic? Maybe you can find one of those!

Back
Top Bottom