used buddy inspiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyrell

Reaction score
What is the best place to look for a used buddy inspiration?

Or, it is recommended to purchase only a new one.

thnx

:scuba:

This should be in the rebreather forum. First of all if your not trained, no one should sell you an inspiration. I would contact the instructor of your choice and get advice from them. There are ocassionally used ones on the inspiration owners board. I dont know your area but I would recommend Tom Mount or Don Townsend....Most guys will not sell you a unit without proof of cert., but you could buy one and have it shipped to your instructor, most guys will do that....be safe, get good qualtiy training from a top notch guy whatever you do.

PS: In my experience the used ones are not a whole lot cheaper than new, plus you miss the updates...I would recommend a new one...just my .02

used ones in the states average around $4500-5000 in good condition, new units are now $7000ish..

most owners will not sell to an uncertified diver, unless its shipped to an instructor...

new Units overseas at the moment are considerably cheaper than we can buy them in the states for..

some people will ship most of the unit to the buyer that is uncertified but will ship the manual inflators to the instructor as AP will only sell spares to certidfied divers..

thnx

According to my local trainer, in order to participate the course, i need to have my own set. After a small chat with him i decided not to take the couse at his place.

it looks like ill have a new set after all, and have my training in europe.

any recommendations ?

Tyrell,
you might want to PM Madmole, he's in England. I'm sure he knows some of the Instructors and will help you. His, I belive, was Dave Thompson.

Also, you might want to check if the instructor does the same kind of diving you're planning on doing. I you want to use Trimix, dive caves etc. down the line you might as well hook up with an experienced instructor who'll get you there ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom