Used Apeks regs anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys!

I've been having a hard time locating used Apeks regs anywhere! I understand they are well loved and pretty much full proof against anything :) so I understand they're not easy to find used... And let's face it, the prices at AquaLung dealers here are out of this world expensive (I can buy new online and get it shipped for 30-50% less!!).

Would anyone have an old used set of xtx40/50 regs with DS4 preferably?

I'm just starting out here (finishing up my advanced soon) and before I invest in full on gear, I'd like to try out a used set. Dubizzle is all out too... Can't find any Apeks on there :( and hey, why not recycle? That's why I also prefer used also!

Let me know your thoughts please :)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a fairly new ScubaPro Mk2 with two second stages, the Octopus being brand new and never used.

Hi!

Although I'm more in the market for used, and Apeks, what would you be asking for them?

I have several Apeks firsts and a couple of seconds. I'm not sure which models they are I think some were Tx20. All the firsts have a turret. I'm not sure what they go for. I know at least 3 of them were serviced and then put away and not used since. I can dig them out and post photos.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Hello Kwinter!

Yes please! You'd be doing me a great service :) I'm really not the average Dubai live on the palm kinda guy hehe (yet at least). I'll learn with them at least... And I believe in paying forward. I'll get them a new home when I upgrade! I'll pm you my email

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2015 at 07:37 PM ----------

Hi guys! Pm-Ed you both my email... I appreciate the help and the support. If you have any other gear a newbie would care for please let me know. I'm a size M/L in BCs and XL (44/45) in fins.

On my first open water dive in Fujeirah, the seas was quite crazy rough and yet our school still took us out. Unfortunately I lost one of those fins and only have one of them lying around, size XL. So if anyone has a similar story let's talk :)

7d04021dd8c211714fd0665ef5bcfae3.jpg

FYI, One of the main reasons I'm liking dive culture is the people involved. You guys are mostly genuinely nice people :)

If anyone else has anything, my friend is also looking :) so in total looking for 2 sets! (might end up being those 2 sets!)

Ebay and search tempest can be good sites to locate them used.

Just to give you an idea on pricing, between $200-$250 for a first and second stage in the ATX or XTX line. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the TX line, it is just a much older line an I would be willing to buy used site unseen. I would also want a steep discount if I was buying almost a 20 year old regulator no matter how well serviced. A full single rec set up (2 2nds, 1st stage, and spg) should cost $400.

You also probably want a DST instead of the DS4. The DST is identical to the DS4, but it has a rotating turrent that allows it to be better used for doubles and sidemount and a 2nd HP port (the DS4 only has one HP port).

These are all US prices, but it should be similar minus international shipping costs.

If you email and talk with most retailers, you should be able to get a DST/XTX 50 reg brand new (first and second stage) for $450. You would still need an octo, spg, and low pressure inflator hose.

Thanks @CptTightPants21 for the price ranges :) I did find the XTX50/DS4 or DST and a Halcyon brass SPG for around 500€ shipping included from lucasdivestore.com and would entertain the idea but I want local used for the following reasons:

quite the newbie here
prefer to recycle and buy used when possible
Planning on Utila next year to go pro if I keep falling in love with the diving. Would be best to just get an upgrade there or on the way from the states since that's what most people I am chatting with in Utila seem to think is best for many reasons (which I'm sure I will! I almost drowned when I was a kid but the water never stopped calling me hehe and I never stopped listening!!)

The ATX/XTX ranges are quite similar on the inside but if my research is right, the TX are not. That being said, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. I've been told that any Apeks regs are pretty much bomb proof and should last a lifetime if properly taken care of :)

Your thoughts guys? Am I thinking the right way in your opinion?

---------- Post added August 24th, 2015 at 03:46 AM ----------

The prices I've found to be the most reasonable online (since they have a flat fee of 50€) and if I ship from the USA used, they will cost more or less the same as new from here:

Regulators | Divegear | Lucas Divestore

---------- Post added August 24th, 2015 at 02:55 PM ----------

CptTightPants21 your inbox is full :)

I want gills! Hehe

---------- Post added August 25th, 2015 at 10:42 AM ----------

Hi Kwinter! Did you ever find your Apeks regs? PMed you my email :wink:

I want gills! Hehe

Hey guys!

I'm doing some research on the difference in price and overall performance and value. I'm still so into getting a used set though... That would be fantastic if I can find some. I was just on dubizzle and the prices for any regs are just nonsensical. Buying new online makes more sense in terms of value for money.

I ended up making an excel sheet with lucasdivestore prices for xtx40 and xtx50 regs and different combos... If anyone wants it PM your email. Maybe you can benefit of it or maybe you can build on it with prices from other stores! Hehe I even listed the prices in Euro and USD. (Using today's exchange rate) but I'm sure someone here is much better than me in excel and would end up making a kick ass matrix to compare prices!! Hehe

Back
Top Bottom