Wanted Used 1st stage for tire inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamby66

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a used, cheap 1st stage I can use to inflate my tires when pulling my heavy trailer. I really don't want to use my good regs for this.

I don't care what it is, but the smaller the better and it has to not leak or be something i can get a seat for. It's not worth having a reg rebuilt by a shop for what I need.

What do you have laying around you might want to sell cheap?

Thanks,
Lamby66

FB_IMG_1465228586829.jpg

Who needs a regulator to fill a tire?
I shot this pic on Bonaire of my brother winning a bet, that even a half full 60c.f. tank would fully inflate a truck tire, just by holding the valve of the tank close to the valve stem and directing the blast of air at the valve stem.
I lost $20, but learned something that may come in handy in a similar emergency.

View attachment 405680

Who needs a regulator to fill a tire?
I shot this pic on Bonaire of my brother winning a bet, that even a half full 60c.f. tank would fully inflate a truck tire, just by holding the valve of the tank close to the valve stem and directing the blast of air at the valve stem.
I lost $20, but learned something that may come in handy in a similar emergency.
That is hysterical but not very user friendly.

I use a $15 Conshelf 1st from eBay, has worked well for years. I added an air compressor regulator like this 150 PSI Air Compressor Regulator Kit with Dial Gauge to regulate down from IP. Also recommended adding an OPV onto an LP port Over-Pressure Relief Valve (140 psi service)
I have everything minus the 1st stage. The last one I bought on bay leaked and I ruined it attempting to get it apart with the wrong tools

@fmerkel offered me exactly what I was looking for. @2airishuman , thank you so much for the offer but someone beat you to the offer.

This board and it's members are just plain awesome on all fronts. Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom