USD Mk I and Royal Aquamaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadairiii

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally found a USD Mk I tank to display my heavy yoke RAM. It is period correct, made in 9/73. Tank was in pretty rough shape inside and out, cleaned and polished the valve, flushed the inside of the tank. Came out nice. And before you tell me, yes, I know this tank is not for use. But should make a nice display.

Attachments

• Mk1 RAM.jpg
    Mk1 RAM.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73
Yes, don’t use the tank for other than display, but the Royal Aquamaster, it begs to go diving.

SeaRat

I agree with John

I'm with John and Skip on this... Don't let that reg live in a display only purgatory. Dive it, and put it on display when not active in use!

I have 1, maybe two of those tanks sitting around somewhere... The infamous z-bottle (a.k.a. "cork bottle")... Was thinking of making crown stands with them... Just need a band saw... Make more like this...
P_20230606_154607_LL.jpg

And yes, it gets used.... Not just a shelf queen...

That specific one is "the wolf". It has a Cyclone nozzle, an HPR, and a DBE, but still needs the hooka-port for an octo and an lpi connection. It also is a long yoke so a banjo fits for an spg ...

Please, drill a hole in the bottom of the tank to make sure no-one ever tries to use it. You could even put a little bit of silicone in the hole to keep it sealed, but that would ensure safety.

Back
Top Bottom